Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby C - the first signs

It was barely a month after our wedding one early Saturday morning, and Ewan was leaving for work from my parent's place. Our place wasn't ready yet so we were still in between either my parent's place or Ewan's mom's place.
I got up to give him a morning hug and the world suddenly swirled around me... WHOA. DIZZY.

After a couple of minutes I felt alright again, got back into bed and Ewan left for work.

Little did I know that that was probably the first sign of little C's existence.

On the 31st of August, I realised I had missed my period for about a week.

That day, I bought a home test kit and told Ewan about it. Excited, we waited till we got off work, and I did the test at his mom's place in Bedok.


The results were far from clear.

I thought I saw a faint line, but it looked like some kind of watermark or something. Ewan wasn't sure either.

Oh well, we thought. The test kit said that sometimes, if its too early in the pregnancy, the hormone levels wouldn't be high enough, so the line might be very faint. Take another test in a few days, it said.

Of course, I was a little impatient and took another test the following night, on the 1st of September, heheh.


AARGGGH. Still faint. More tests please!!

Ok I kind of went nuts and kept testing the next few days. Plus the pharmacies were having some promotions where you could buy two test kits and get another free, so I happily bought... several.

2nd September morning:


3rd September morning:


3rd September night:


4th September night:


5th September morning:


And finally, 9th September afternoon:


While most people do one or maybe two tests, I actually did a total of eight.

Looking back, the results of the tests were pretty clear eh?

But I was still so unsure even after I made an appointment with the doc.

I mean, we'd only been married a month or so... were we really that blessed??? :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes we were, and we still are! Actually the test results got clearer as the days went along. And Christian went from a line on a test kit to now just being 2 months away from being born. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete