Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Horsing around - Gallop Stables Punggol Ranch

About a week ago, I had to visit the Gallop Wagons in Punggol for a feature I was working on. It so happened that Ewan was looking after Christian that day, so they tagged along.

I was pretty excited about heading to that part if our island -punggol point- because it's always been kind of secluded. There are a few things I associated that place with: Going to OBS, the major seminary, and memories of my dad taking us there when we were kids to watch people fish.

It recently underwent some major renovations, so the place has changed quite a bit - the old jetty isn't there anymore. But back to our initial destination: The Gallop Stables.

This is the sight that greeted us. 

Gallop Stables at Punggol

Christian was taking his nap, so Ewan brought him to the eatery there, Curry Garden, while I took a walk around the grounds and spoke to the owner. There are 45 horses and ponies in total, and they offer riding lessons, pony rides, as well as stays in the "wagons" - pretty much chalet style. It was pretty cool cos everything was really rustic and of course, horse themed.

Christian soon woke up and it was time for him to go on a pony! We were ushered to the back, where the stables were, and he was fitted with a cool looking helmet.

All ready for the ride
He was all excited, but he got a little nervous when it was time to climb on the pony's back. So daddy carried him up front to get to know Mr pony a little better first.

Step by step

"The horse got so much hairrrr"

He soon warmed up to the idea and was willing to get up on the pony's back, though he still insisted on holding my hand. Still, we were off!

All aboard!
He gripped my hand pretty tight but he was all smiles... Definitely loving it!

My little cowboy
The guy who guided the pony took us one round around the area - I'd say it took about 5-7 minutes. The cost for a ride like that was $10 and I'd say its totally worth it because seriously, how often do you get to ride ponies in Singapore?!

Still grabbing my hand
Christian was thrilled and was telling everyone about his ride after that. The cool thing is that kids as young as 2 can ride (Christian is 2 and a half).

We'll be back - maybe even plan a stay at the wagons once the kids are older.



The Mahs


No comments:

Post a Comment