Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Little Bookworm

Christian has always liked books. But previously, the books we'd read him had always some kind of novelty value.

Like Perfect Piggies  by Sandra Boynton, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

The former ends with "And these little piggies go wee wee wee all the way home!" - which is where we tickle him like crazy and he loves it; the latter has got holes for him to poke his chubby fingers through.

But recently, he's been asking for stories as we put him to bed. He likes Goldilocks And The Three Bears, Jack And The Beanstalk, and The Three Little Piggies. Ewan and I tell him these tales by heart, from what we remember as children ourselves.

Tonight, it occurred to me that perhaps it was time for him to enjoy stories because of the plot, the characters and the story as a whole.

I whipped out a few books that I knew had interesting plots -

Loved the colourful pictures in this one!

Loved the deadpan humour in this one
A beautiful tale with a meaningful lesson, by a local writer

And BOY DID HE LOVE IT!

Now I'm starting to dream of him once day curling up in a couch, getting cozy with a good book - stuff my own childhood was made of.

That would be simply incredible :)
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment