Search This Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Festivities

Totally backdated post here, but I swore to myself I'd put this up before Chinese New Year!
===============================

Christmas last year was a whirl of gatherings, parties and playdates!

The week before Christmas, we had a little playdate at our place for our little friends and their parents from Church.

MSC seedlings

We had a mini-gift exchange - Christian and Connor's first gifts of the season! It was also the first time we discovered that Christian loved giving out presents - possibly more so than receiving them.

Here you go Eli

So many!
Fer me?
Awesome!

On Christmas Eve, we headed to my Aunt's place for a dinner celebration.

The spread
Love this one of Connor with my grandma
Wear the hat Pop pop!

Where's dinner Daddy?

One with mummy

Another with Daddy

And presents, of course
Mine!
Christmas morning started out with Mass, followed by lunch at Ewan's Aunt's place where the family gathered.

Designated gift giver, again

Lil' Santa

Mauling daddy

Dadddy in defeat

One of the cutest things was that the boys turned up in unexpectedly matching outfits with our cousins' three girls... Check mate!


Sitting unbelievably still for a photo

Big bro and lil' bro

After that, we headed home for a little gathering with my parents and Leon.

More opening of presents including those we got the boys!

Lots of ripping

Vtech Discovery Cube for Connor

Thor's hammer and helmet for Christian

In addition to a minion fart gun!

Perfect height!

It was nice that Christmas was actually mid-week this year, which meant that the following weekend was another opportunity for some celebratory fun.

We had a party with my mummy friends and their bubs on Saturday. The babies are all around Connor's age, and it was great seeing how they've all grown in the past couple of months. Most of them were crawling, cruising, and even on the cusp of walking!

Hangin' out with my pals

Chair-struck

Food? We see food?

There was also a little photography corner, where the bubs got their picture taken.

Mums and bubs

Tummy time

Who's that sneaking up on me!

On Sunday, we headed to a friend's place - a condo near Changi Prison - for another party. No pics cos I forgot to whip out my camera (I even forgot to bring Connor's lunch flask back - what's wrong with me!? Doh!) that day. In any case, it was a really nice gathering where we met other young parents and the condo was really spacious and beautiful - possibly because of it's far out location perhaps, space was less of a constraint.

We had heaps of fun this Christmas - and I'm sure the kids had a blast, too. Here's looking forward to a great 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment