Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An Awesome time in Bali

Some time last September, we made a trip to Bali.

Ewan was there to cover a tennis tournament, and I joined him some days later to have a short holiday.

I managed to catch some of the matches, and it was pretty cool, since I had never watched pros play live before.


The entire audience has to be quiet - you can't even get out of the seating area - till the point is won.
But there were these bunch of jokers who kept making so much noise cheering for 17-year old Tamira Paszek that they got warned by the umpire a couple of times.
We stayed at a hotel along Nusa Dua, as that was where the tournament was being held. The hotel was pretty nice, and it had Giant Chess!




I was going to make my "winning" move, when I banged my head on some hanging lights. =(

It even started bleeding but I tried to be 'hero' and wanted to continue playing, then I suddenly felt faint and almost passed out.

But quite funny, now that I'm recalling it =p

Anyway I really liked the beaches at Nusa Dua, which was really quiet - almost private even - given that the Nusa Dua was home to many big hotel chains like the Grand Hyatt and the Westin.

Nothing like the crowds and touting you'd get in Phuket - which I heard was rather like Kuta Beach which we didn't have time to visit.




After the tournament was over, we checked into one of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed in, Uma Sapna at Seminyak.

We had a one bedroom Villa with a private pool!




The pool was gorgeous, the room was great, and it was so much fun ordering breakfast.
You had to tick what you wanted according to menu, and let them know what time you wanted it brought in to you.
Then in the morning they'd serve it at the veranda next to the pool.



We also had dinner at KuDeTa, which was highly recommended by many people.

I thought the food was ok for the price - it was quite expensive, even by Bali's standard.

But the best part was taking a walk out to see the beach after that.

They had these incredible lights shone on the water, and together with the loud crashing of the waves, it made for a truly amazing experience.





So it was a great trip, albeit a little too short.

There's so much more of Bali we haven't seen so we're definitely going to go back one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment