Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pasta and Other Yummy Things

Some time ago I cooked Seafood Marina Pasta for dinner.

It's kind of similar to the previous Aglio Olio post - used the same seafood of mussells, fish and prawns.

Oh and don’t think I’m using one of those bottled Prego sauces... I can actually hand-make sauces from scratch now =)

For the Marinara, I threw in tons of diced tomatoes, stired it up with onions, garlic, and a bunch of herbs like basil and parsley.

Put in a bit too much chilli flakes, but I guess if you like things spicy it'd be okay.



Next up... Chicken Teriyaki Pasta!

Well that's what it was supposed to be anyway.

The chicken was marinated through with the teriyaki sauce, but there was too little sauce left for the pasta.

So I just cooked it with Olive oil and garlic, mushrooms, and some capsicums.

And there you have it, Chicken Teriyaki... plus pasta!



Finally, some thing which I absolutely love - Cheese baked Mussells!

I buy the frozen ones from New Zealand, they usually cost about 12 bucks for a box of about 50.

Dump a little tomato pasta sauce on it, coat with grated chedder cheese, and bake.



I usually baked it till the cheese gets crusty cos that's how I like it, but recently I tried baking it for a shorter period of time, and I find the results even better.
The cheese is chewwier and the mussells aren't as tough. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete